Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Playroom Makeover, Part 1

It's been four years since we moved into our house and our neglected playroom needed a serious makeover. With shorter and cooler days approaching, I know that we will be spending more time in the playroom so I decided now is the time to get the ball rolling and get this room finished. Especially since we are now a two kid family which equals twice the junk... I mean toys!
My inspiration for the room came from this fabric (Apache Brick).
I was at Calico Corners one day shopping with a friend of mine and I was immediately drawn to the colors in this fabric. The colors are consistent with the rest of our house, and I thought it would look great in the playroom. I had my neighbor make a window cornice using this fabric, and I matched the wall color with the blue stripe. We used Benjamin Moore 2135-50, Soft Chinchilla.
As with most playrooms, we were in desperate need for additional storage so I was extremely happy to see this media center on sale at Pottery Barn Kids.It is normally $1,149.00, but is currently on sale for $689.99. What a deal! I've ordered it in Espresso to match the Espresso activity table that we already have. For additional toy storage, I have also purchased an inexpensive 5 ft long, two shelf bookcase from a local unfinished wood furniture store. I plan on painting the bookshelf a brick red color which I think will look great up against the blue walls.

To add a few finishing touches, I'm using floor pillows from Javis Davis in these fabrics.

Stay tuned for more details. Hopefully we'll get everything finished soon and I will post photos of the finished room.

1 comment: