Monday, July 20, 2009

Run On

I have always enjoyed running, but it wasn't until after having my first baby that I really started getting into running. It was my way to get out of the house and get some fresh air while getting a great workout, all without the need for a babysitter...my baby boy was quite content as long as that stroller was moving. When I first started shopping for a jogging stroller I wasn't sure if I would stick with it so I did not want to shell out the big $$$ for a new stroller. I headed to a local kids consignment store and bought a used jogging stroller for $45.00. Over time I began to hate that stroller! I was constantly trying to correct the steer as it pulled to the right. I logged a lot of miles on that worthless stroller.

Fast forward four years later to when I had just had my second baby. I was ready to hit the pavement again, but there was no way I would battle that second hand stroller again. I searched the web I found an incredible deal on a BOB Sport Utility D'Lux jogging stroller. I paid just under $300.00 for a "last years model".
This thing is the Mercedes-Benz of jogging strollers. It was a bit of a splurge but after searching craigslist I realized that when I am done with my awesome new BOB stroller I will probably be able to sell it and recover about 40 to 50 percent of my investment.

Basically if you are looking for a stroller for casual walks through the neighborhood pick up a second hand or inexpensive jogging stroller. If you are serious about running go ahead and spend the extra money...you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment